Apply For A Business License Renton, Washington
What is the process to obtain a business license in Renton, Washington?
Any business operating within the city of Renton is required to acquire a City of Renton Business License Application. In addition, businesses will need to complete the Master Business Application and receive their Unified Business Identifier (UBI) business license number before they can transact business in Washington.
As part of the process, your business will need to be compliant regarding Renton’s zoning and fire safety regulations. If your business is located outside of Renton’s city limits but you engage in business in Renton, you will be required to complete an Out of City Business License Application. Certain businesses are required by law to pay special taxes, usually involving gambling, entertainment and admission-type businesses.
What information is required to have to fill out an application?
You will need the following information:
- Name of business and contact information for owner(s)
- State of Washington Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number
- Start of business date in Renton
- Non-profit businesses will need to show IRS form 501(c)(3)
- Description of business activity
- Emergency contact information
- State of Washington Contractor’s License number if applicable
- Number of full-time and part-time employees
- If applicable, city alarm registration number
- List of any regulatory licenses your business is required to have
- Square footage of business
- Estimate of total hours will be worked by full time equivalent employees, including owner(s) for one full year (license fee formula is based on this)
What is the cost of the licenses?
The licenses are valid until the end of the calendar year. If a license is issued during the final three months of the year it will not expire until the end of the following year. Here are the costs of the licenses:
- Master Application fee is $15
- City of Renton Business License fee is $55 (minimum, but based on Renton formula)
Where do I apply?
Once the forms have been completed and fees (check or money order) paid, you can visit our office Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call (425) 430-6851, fax (425) 430-6983, or mail the application to:
City of Renton
1055 South Grady Way
Renton, WA 98057
Select Your City
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.