Apply For A Business License Yuma, Arizona
Are you planning to open a business in Yuma, Arizona? Here are some things that you may need to know:
To operate a business in the city of Yuma, you will need to apply for a business license. You may print an application from the City of Yuma website, or you can apply in person by visiting the Yuma Business License and Sales Tax Office inside City Hall located at 1 City Hall. When you have completed your application for a business license, you will need to bring it to the Planning and Zoning Department for review. They can be reached at (928) 373-5175. They will determine if your proposed business location is suitable for your business activities, so it is generally recommended that you not enter into any lease or purchase agreement on any commercial property before approval.
You may need additional licenses, permits, approvals or inspections beyond zoning approval. For instance, if you plan to handle food as part of your business activities, you will need to contact the Yuma Health Department for a health permit. You may need a liquor license, a tax ID number, fire and safety approvals, etc, to operate your business in compliance with all local, state and/or federal regulations regarding a business. It is your responsibility to know which of these additional documentations you may need, and to have them ready when you complete your business license. Once your business has all approvals from other agencies, you will return it to the Business License Office where you will submit all paperwork and pay the fees that are associated with obtaining your business license.
What information is necessary to complete a Yuma business license?
Besides than your business license application, there are supplemental forms that will need to be filled in and submitted along with the business license application. These forms include an emergency contact sheet which will be on record at the Yuma Police Department. It is a short form that requests basic information about your business, yourself as the business owner, and the names and contact information of two additional persons who have your authority to act on your behalf in the event of an emergency at your business location where you cannot be reached.
You need to give the name and account number of the alarm system company that you use, and whether you have armed security personnel or guard animals on the premises of your business. Included in the application packet is a fire prevention questionnaire which is a series of ‘yes or no’ and short answer questions that will collect information on the types of potentially flammable materials that will be used in your business, how you plan to contain them and any pertinent information on high risk operations which relate to your business.
The actual Yuma business license application is used to gather information to register your business with the City of Yuma. For the application, you will provide some of the following information:
- All owner/partner contact information, including a cell phone and a home address
- Social security number, valid driver’s license number/state issued, and birthdate of all owners or partners
- Ownership type whether owned by a larger corporation, a partnership, LLC or owned individually
- Business name
- A business mailing and a physical address if different
- If applicable, AZ transaction privilege tax number, AZ contractor’s license information
- A brief description of your business activities
- Name of previous business owner, if applicable
- If you are involved in a corporation or LLC provide the name, address, phone number, federal employer’s ID number, state and date of incorporation, name, date of birth, and home address of the president, vice-president and secretary
- Denote whether you will serve alcohol, conduct your business from a residence, have chemicals onsite, remodel your business property, if the building was vacant prior to your business, if you rent or own, square footage of property, etc
- Signature of applicant and if applicable, all owners and partners to verify that you understand all regulations and restrictions that may be associated with operating a business, and that you have provided only true and accurate information
If you need any assistance regarding completing your business license application, contact the Yuma Business License Office at (928) 373-5074.
Do you have to pay fees for a Yuma business license?
Generally, license fees range per calendar year, however; you may pay more or less, depending on your business classification. You may want to contact the Business License Office to discuss your business and to determine your fees or look for fees on the City of Yuma website.
Do you need more information?
Contact the Business License Office for more information or to discuss your business license. They can be reached via telephone at (928) 373-5074. Alternately, you may want to visit them in person at One City Plaza or you can explore the City of Yuma website for more information.
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.