Apply For A Business License Beaverton, Oregon

Will I need to apply for a business license in Beaverton, Oregon?

Any person running a business in Beaverton must pay a business license fee. There are a few exceptions to this rule, but your business would need to have a special exemption from the State of Oregon or the federal government.

Any business operating within the city limits must be in compliance with Beaverton's police safety, building, and zoning requirements as well as any applicable federal, regional, state, or local laws. The license fee is strictly for revenue purposes.

What is the cost per year for the business license?

For a business with 0 to 4 employees the cost is $50 per year. For each additional employee you need to pay an additional $8.50 per year. For apartments/motels/hotels, the amount for the first 40 units is $50 per year with an additional $1.25 per year charge for each additional unit. Non-profit organizations will not be charged a fee. A business license permit will be issued within 30 days upon receipt of your payment.

What do I need to apply for a Beaverton business license?

To apply for a new license or to renew an existing license please use the online business license application or download a PDF business license application. The Type 1 Home Occupation Permit (PDF) is also available for downloading.

If you are going to submit your application online, you'll need to have the following information available:

• Credit card information for paying for the application fees (Visa or Mastercard).
• Information to fill out the business license application.
• In case of renewing your existing license, please have your business name and business license number (this should be the same as shown on your existing business license).

Are there any restrictions in using the online form?

Yes, the following are reasons you would not be able to use the online process:

• Business license is no longer valid (terminated or expired).
• Current license is set to expire more than 30 days after date of the application.
• Any address on the application (whether a personal address or a business address, etc.) is located outside of the U.S.
• Your business is a non-profit organization. You will need to obtain a non-profit business license through the Finance Department at the City of Beaverton office.

If I use a credit card online, will that guarantee my payment has been accepted?

No. If your credit card is rejected your license status will indicate it is unpaid and thus considered delinquent. If this is the case, the city may use various means to collect the fee. A 10% charge is added to the business license fee for each 30 day period following delinquency until the amount due is received. The maximum penalty could be 100% of the business license fee.

Is there a refund policy?

Yes. In certain circumstances you may be eligible for a full refund, such as if there was a fraudulent charge or other error, as long as it is within ninety days from the processing date of the transaction. Please be advised however, this policy may be revised at any time.

What if I need additional permits?

There may be other city permits in addition to a business license that you may need. If you apply using the online system, you might be notified during the application process that you need certain additional permits. In such circumstances you can pick up the permit forms at the Beaverton City Hall (4755 SW Griffith Drive, Beaverton, OR 97076).

Is the license fee pro-rated or does it start on the date I obtain the license?

The license fee is not pro-rated. However, if you begin operating your business after June 30th of the current year, the fee will be 50% of the annual cost per year. The annual business license fee is based on the calendar year ending December 31st. The fee for the next year is due by the end of the first month (January 31st).

What if I run a business out of my home?

Most likely, you would need to obtain a Home Occupation Permit in addition to the business license. For more information, contact the Planning Office at (503) 526-2420. Click on the link provided to download the Type 1 Home Occupation Permit (PDF).

What if my business will be temporary?

You will be required to obtain a Temporary Use Permit. Contact the Planning Office at (503) 526-2420.

What if I have other questions?

For answers to all other questions, please call during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (503) 526-2268.

Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license

Beaverton Bend Eugene
Gresham Hillsboro Medford
Portland Springfield

There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.

Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?