Apply For A Business License Eugene, Oregon

What businesses in Eugene, Oregon require a business license?

The City of Eugene only requires certain types of businesses to obtain a business license. The requirements and cost of the license is dependent on the kind of business. Those businesses requiring business licenses are:

  • Payday lenders
  • Public passenger vehicle businesses (drivers must also be certified)
  • Businesses selling tobacco products

There are also businesses that are required to be registered. They include limousine, medical transport, and first aid vehicle services. Commercial solicitors, while not required to be licensed, must meet certain government regulations. For all questions pertaining to business licenses, other certifications, or to request an application, please contact the Business License office by calling (541) 682-5379. The mailing address is:

City of Eugene
Planning & Development Department
Business Licenses
99 W. 10th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401

What if I am applying for a payday lender license?

Each location is required to complete an application, submit other required documentation, and pay a $500 fee. Licenses must be renewed annually. Please note that under Eugene law each payday lender can not renew a payday loan unless 25% of the principal plus interest amount of the loan’s balance has been paid by the borrower.

To fill out the Payday Lender License Application you will need:

  • Name and address of business and owner
  • State of Oregon Payday Lender License Number
  • Lender fee schedule
  • Borrowers right to cancel payday loan documentation
  • Borrowers right to convert to payment plan documentation
  • Borrowers right to file a complaint documentation
  • Non-renewal disclosure documentation

What if my business is a public passenger vehicle business?

A license is required for any business that uses a method of transporting passengers by vehicle for hire. In addition, a Public Passenger Vehicle Driver Certification Card is required for each driver and can be obtained by the Business License office in Eugene.

Do I need a business license if my business sells tobacco products?

Any business that sells tobacco products and has access to customers under the age of 21 are required to obtain a business license. There are also other regulations that are required for business owners for training employees and maintaining records.


Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license

Beaverton Bend Eugene
Gresham Hillsboro Medford
Portland Springfield

There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.

Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?