Apply For A Winston-Salem Marriage License

Where do you go to apply for a marriage license in Winston-Salem, North Carolina?

To apply for a marriage license in Winston-Salem, you go to the Forsyth County Register of Deeds office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. You must appear at the office in person together with the person that you are marrying. The Forsyth County Register ofDeeds office can be found at 201 North Chestnut Street in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. You can call (336) 703-2700 or visit Winston-Salem Marriage License for more information.

Can you begin the marriage license application process online in Forsyth County?

Yes. At Winston-Salem Marriage License you can complete the Forsyth County marriage license worksheet. By submitting this worksheet with your information before you appear at the Register of Deeds office, you will speed up the application process. You can also complete the worksheet on a computer at the Register of Deeds office.

What documents do you need to present at the Register of Deeds office when you go to apply?

When you go to the Forsyth County Register of Deeds office to apply for a marriage license, you need to present proof of your social security number and proof of your age. Additional requirements vary depending on your age. Please see Winston-Salem Marriage License for detailed information about what documents are required by the Register of Deeds office.

Do you need to have a physical examination before you apply for a marriage license in Winston-Salem, North Carolina?

No, you do not need to have either physical examinations or blood tests to apply for a marriage license in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

How much is the marriage license fee in Winston-Salem, North Carolina?

The marriage license fee in Forsyth County is $60.00. You can choose to pay this fee by cash or money order.  

How long are Forsyth County marriage licenses good for in Winston-Salem, North Carolina?

Forsyth County marriage licenses are good for a period of 60 days. After the 60 days are up, the marriage license will expire. You can be married in any county in North Carolina with a Forsyth County marriage license. There is no waiting period before the license becomes valid.

Who can officiate at your wedding ceremony in Winston-Salem, North Carolina? 

You can choose any authorized person such as a religious clergy member, judge, or magistrate to officiate at your wedding ceremony in Winston-Salem. If you choose to be married by a magistrate, you need to call (336) 779-6319 to make an appointment. You should call sometime between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. or 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Magistrates at the Hall of Justice perform weddings Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

How do you get your marriage certificate in Winston-Salem, North Carolina?

After your marriage license has been recorded, you can request certified copies of your marriage certificate through the Forsyth County Register of Deeds office. You can make your request in person or by mail. Each certified copy of your marriage certificate costs $10.00. For additional fees, see Winston-Salem Marriage License.


Asheville Cary Charlotte
Concord Durham Fayetteville
Gastonia Greensboro Greenville
High Point Jacksonville Raleigh
Rocky Mount Wilmington Winston-Salem

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?